Consider becoming a supporting member

Collective tools is a member-owned cooperative. For this to really flourish we need to have active members that help run this forum, finding new members, and help us develop collective tools. Consider becoming a member, or a supporting member for financial support.

If you were a member, or if you already are a member. What kind of structures for members would you like to see?

If you are considering becoming a member, what makes you hesitant not to? And what would convince you to become a member?

Hi :slight_smile:
I am a member and haven’t yet found information about annual meetings; when they are, what is discussed and how to participate. So that would be helpful. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Hi @joakim.andren ! There is a some information here Membership – Collective Tools - but we could definitely expand this and add some more information.
The annual meeting is held before the end of June each year. We elect the board and review last years economy, and also discuss future strategies. And members can send in motions to discuss.

I’d love to help Collective tools grow since I like the idea of it. On a personal level I am leaning more and more towards local services + synchronisation between devices for stuff like Obsidian so I dont think i need these services, but I can def see more organisations here that currently are using things like Slack and Google Drive.

I have already brought in two organisations on some kind of evaluation / trial for Mattermost currently, and once they get some funding I hope they’ll lean in more and become full members and use more services (but it is not up to me, I am only an advocate).

One thing that I would like is to get a feeling for the other organisations that are members. Maybe start a “introduce yourself”-thread? It feels a bit dead here in the forum which easily becomes a downward spiral. Is there some other hidden member only communication (eg. chat or closed section here on the forum that I don’t currently see)?

Would be great to see more of a living community here, that would create trust among newcomers as well!